Why The Older People Need Constipation Help?
As people get older there are many things to change within the body. Some of the systems that used to work perfectly fine are slowing down or are not functioning quite as well as they used to. Also there are a lot of habits that change over time and may impact the overall health.
One of the common health complaints from the elderly is that they are in need of constipation remedy. Here are some of the things that may be causing the problem.
1. Hormones. There are many hormonal changes happening within the body and this is true when people get older. Such hormonal changes may happen as women approaches menopause. Actually aside from menopause, the sudden changes of hormones can also lead to other health complications such as constipation.
2. Illness and Diseases. Unluckily, as you get older, the bodies become weaker and you have more chance of developing health issues. A number of illnesses and diseases have negative side effects like needing constipation treatment. All it takes is one condition that affects the human colon and suddenly a constipation treatment can be a regular daily issue. And it does not just have to be something that is affecting the colon or the intestines or other areas of the digestive tract. Ailments which affect the nervous system could also have an impact on things like needing constipation cure.
3. Exercise. Unfortunately, for a lot of people as they get older, they exercise less. One of the many reasons may be their joints hurt; they have muscle problems or have gotten out of the habit of getting around and moving because they are now retired. Typically, the less you exercise, the more likely you are to have issues within your system including the need of constipation treatment.
4. Fluid or Water. One of the many issues of older people is that they do not pay attention to what their body truly needs. Part of this may be the aged body is not communicating as clearly as it used to be on what it needs. Normally, not drinking enough water is very common problem for the elderly so they end up being dehydrated. In addition, having a number of ill health effects from dehydration, not having enough water in the body system can lead to back-ups in the digestive tract which can mean another need for constipation treatment.
5. Diet. Another reason why many elderly people have problems with constipation is that their diets aren't nearly as healthy as they used to be. It seems that as people get older their appreciation for a high fiber diet seems to have gone out of the window and is replaced by a much lower fiber diet. Well, this simply means that there is less fiber helping to process waste out of the system and could lead to more searches for constipation treatment.