Why Aren't You Going Green?
So, why aren't you going green?
Making changes in your lifestyle to benefit the environment can make real, measurable differences to your life. Going green will help you, your wallet, and your business. And you'll feel better for making the change.
If you make the concious decision to do your part for the environment, you'll be helping the planet, future generations, the karmic balance of the universe and everything else that hippies witter on about.
But you shouldn't go green because hippies think you should. There are good solid economic and business reasons for becoming more "green" or environmentally friendly. Reasons like:
Personal Reasons For Going Green
Think about it. All the unhealthy things you do are the things that harm the environment. Going green's going to make you a healthier person.
- Watch less TV: That 50" plasma bad boy sucks up a whole lot of energy, which means fuel's burned and greenhouse gases are emitted. So turn off the tube and go run around in the park or something.
- Eat less red meat: Vegetarians are always harping on about how much energy it takes to rear a cow as opposed to growing mung beans. But they do have a bit of a point. So one day a week, drop the meat.
- Eat less junk food: That delicious McDonald's burger isn't good for the environment, or for your colon. So cut down on the fast food. You'll drop a few pounds into the bargain.
- Repair, Re-use, Recycle: You do know it's cheaper to refill a bottle with tap water than it is to splash out on Evian, right? Or that getting a shoe resoled is cheaper than buying a new pair of shoes? Waste less, and you'll save more.
- Save energy: Petrol is expensive. Electricity is expensive. Fuel is expensive. Energy is expensive. So use less of it. Drive clever, use energy saving lightbulbs and turn off appliances. You'll save energy and money.
- Go Carbon Neutral: People love doing business with carbon neutral companies. So start offsetting carbon emissions today. You'll attract new clients, so it'll pay for itself.
- Market yourself as green: Get your business listed in a green business directory and reap the marketing rewards. Up to 85% of people will choose to do business with an environmentally conscious company over one that doesn't have a green policy, so you're sure to appeal to clients.
So what are you waiting for? Go green - the rewards are clear to see!