Using Natural Home Remedies to Treat Your Acne Problem
It is estimated that between 40 and 50 million Americans suffer from acne. The American Academy of Dermatology says excess oil, clogged pores, bacteria and inflammation are all factors that lead to acne. Many of these home remedies for acne have been proven to work. However, keep in mind that not all of these acne remedies work for all people. Each person's skin is different and an acne remedy that clears up one person's acne may not work to clear up another person's acne.
1. To get pimples to disappear quickly, use ground nutmeg with milk and apply on the affected area.
2. There are many beliefs that certain foods like chocolate and sugar will make your acne worse. There is no scientific data to back up these claims, but dermatologists do say that if you notice a certain food making your acne worse, discontinue eating that type of food.
3. Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Note that this remedy is not for sensitive skin.
4. Make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
5. Vitamin A, and the B vitamins, all have important roles in the health of the skin. Vitamin A strengthens the skin, and a deficiency can lead to acne. However, it is important to note that an excess of this vitamin can also create pimples. Too much vitamin A can be dangerous, especially for pregnant women, who should not take more than 10,000 IU a day. Others can take up to 25,000 IU daily, and this is indeed recommended for treating acne.
6. Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice with 1 teaspoon finely ground cinnamon powder and apply on affected areas frequently.
7. Apply a paste of ground seasame seeds with water as poultice for inflammation of the skin due to allergies, skin rashes, and pimples - acne.
8. Ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix mixed with fresh lime juice, and apply on pimples. This is also good for blackheads and dark spots.
9. Another acne remedy is to massage your face with the skin of lemon and then wash face with warm water. Speaking of healthy diet. Eating green leafy vegetables is a great way to flush your system. Similar to water these types of foods naturally cleanse your body of toxins. And don't forget to throw in plenty of those fruits high in antioxidants.