Turn Down the Thermostat and Still Keep Warm At Night
For many people it is important to turn down the thermostat at night. This can be because of a number of reasons. It may be that someone has allergies, they may want to save money and energy by turning down the heat at night or they may simply not like to keep the house so warm during the night time. For those of us who do not want to use our heating systems at night, our beds can seem mighty chilly. A wonderful and simple solution is to use a heated mattress pad.
An electric heated mattress cover comes in all sizes from twin right up to king size. They offer warmth from beneath the body as opposed to piling on tons of heavy blankets. Often times these mattress pads will have dual controls that offer the convenience of only heating one side of the bed in case one person doesn't like it to be so hot.
Though all mattress pads are constructed differently, below is a list of certain features that may be available:
- Dual control settings
- Simple controls that are easy to maneuver even if half asleep
- An extra feet warming section
- Automatic shutoff timer after 10 hours
- Washable and Dryable
- Soft comfort - can't feel the wires
- Multiple heat settings
A heated mattress cover can do wonders for so many people who suffer from being cold at night or who suffer from aches and pains. There are certain people who should not use a heated mattress pad howeverâ¬Â¦
Those who Should Not Use a Heated Mattress Cover
- Those who do not have complete control of their limbs - it is necessary to be able to turn the mattress pad off if needed
- Those who may have memory problems - it can be dangerous if the mattress pad never gets turned off
- Babies should never be placed on one as it is possible for them to get burned
- Also pets should never use one because they may also get burned
Though not suitable for everyone, most people will have absolutely no problems with this type of mattress pad and will find that the heat radiated throughout the bed will offer comfort, warmth and a very restful nights sleep.