Top 10 Ways to Boost & Strengthen Your Immune System
A strong immune system can protect you against bacteria, viruses, toxins, and parasites that could easily make your ill.Â Without proper care, we will not be protected well against the outside elements that would likely cause us to become infected. Here are five simple ways to boost your immune system:
1. Relieve stress
Stress is a factor that can seriously affect the immune system so take steps to eliminate as much stress as possible. Having a relaxing hobby, visiting friends, reading, making time for a hot bubble bath - whatever relieves your stress and relaxes you. Although it's sometimes easier said than done you can learn to relax and let go of at least a little of your stress.
Exercise can boost the immune system over time. But don't overdo it. Regular exercise helps eliminate the toxins out of the body in the form of sweat and promote a sense of relaxation and well-being. Exercise also helps to improve circulation and thus, helps in supplying nutrients to all parts of the body, ensuring perfect health. A daily walk or a gradual workout routine can increase overall health and immune response.
3. Eat well
- Avoid high fat, high sugar, processed foods.Â They are all harmful, depress the immune system, increasing infection rates such as artificial sweeteners, carbonated soft drinks, chocolate, eggs, fried foods, junk foods, pork, red meat, sugar, white flour products, foods containing preservatives or heavy spices, and chips and similar snack foods.
- Avoid excessive amounts of caffeine. Caffeine in excess can deplete your system of vital nutrients and minerals, weakening your ability to fight off germs.
- Stop smoking. Smoking weakens the immune system, so that the body more susceptible to diseases such as influenza, bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Limit Alcohol Intake. Studies have shown that excessive alcohol inhibits the immune system by reducing the white blood cells' ability to multiply and the ability to kill germs and infections.
- Eat more of a variety of vegetables and fruits. They are good sources of vitamins and minerals and phytonutrients that enhance our body's immune system. Leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage are rich in nutrients and antioxidants vital in fighting infection and disease.
4. Drink water
Drinking at least 2 liters per day will help our body deliver nutrients, flush wastes and dilute mucous, helping eliminate bacteria and viruses that make us ill. Too little fluid in our body inhibits the efficient working of the blood and lymph systems which reduces energy and contributes to a sluggish feeling.
5. Give your body an herbal boost.
Ther are some herbal remedies that are known to help boost your immune system and help keep it strong year-round. Herbs such as Echinacea, garlic, Yogurt ginseng, garlic, and ginger help the immune system to resist disease. These herbs can prevent you from getting the cold or flu in the first place or will help to ease the symptoms and provide a quicker recovery if you do get it.
6. Get enough sleep
Not getting enough quality sleep over time can have serious health consequences. Sleep allows our body time to repair or replace dead cells and injuries, and time to maintain our muscles and vital organs. And chemicals vital to the immune system are released when we sleep, so sleep is important for maintaining our immune systems and general health. Strive to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
7. Good hygiene - Good hygiene care is one of the most effective ways of avoiding infection and keep your immune system strong.Â Washing your hands with soap and water as soon as you come home, and always before you eat, greatly reduces your exposure to bacterial and viral infections.
8. Eat Hot Spices: To boost your immune system make sure you are adding hot spices daily such as hot mustard, garlic, onions, cayenne peppers, red and green peppers. The older you get the more you will lose your taste buds. Not only will these hot foods help you boost your immune system but they are also good for helping you boost your metabolism.
Taking a daily multivitamin is a quick and easy way to give your immune system a little boost. Multivitamins contain a daily dosage of nearly every vitamin and mineral the body relies on to function healthfully. Taking one daily pill is much easier than trying to make sure you have enough vitamin B, folic acid, zinc, and everything in between incorporated into your daily diet.
10. Laughter - The Best Medicine
Laughter has long been held as the "Best Medicine". It strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress.