Steam Shower Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is a time tested method of using essential oils, from many varieties of plants, to stimulate the body or the mood. Scent has always been a very powerful thing. Aromatherapy is the science of using these oils and the scents to bring about positive changes in the mind and the body.
In this article I will shed a little insight into the main benefits that can be had in some of the most popular aromatherapy oils available on the market today, for use with in your home steam shower sauna
Please remember, essential oils are not perfumes. A perfume is just a collection of synthetic chemicals and has no natural effect on the body to relax or otherwise change your feeling or mood. While it may smell very nice, is in no way related to Aromatherapy and the benefits they can bring when used in a steam shower.
Aromatherapy oils and their benefits:
* Eucalyptus :Â Eucalyptus is used to aid respiratory system ailments by enhancing deep breathing. It is also recommended for use with muscle aches or pains
* Frankincense: Frankincense treats lung and genito-urinary complaints, breast cysts, diarrhea, ulcers and excessive menstruation. It is also used on mature skin, spots and boils, fungal infections, all sorts ofÂ hard-to-heal wounds, and scars
* Geranium: Relieves PMS symptoms, stress-related conditions and nervous tension. Geranium also helps with broken capillaries; burns and cuts and eczema. Used in many skin care products today, Geranium oil provides positive balancing properties to all skin types' weather oily or dry.
* Jasmine: Relaxing, intoxicating and warming. Jasmine is also a great well known aphrodisiac. It has a long tradition of being incorporated into childbirth to be used as a relaxing, calming and supportive remedy. Jasmine is also highly regarded in skincare, aiding dry, sensitive and irritated skin.
* Lavender: Probably the most popular and used oil on the market, Lavender treats rheumatism, sprains, sun-damaged skin, tension-related problems, abdominal cramps, respiratory problems, insomnia,Â burns, depression and various types of skin infections
* Patchouli oil is beneficial to the skin, helping with infections and insect bites It is also helpfull for stress problems and addictions...
* Peppermint: used in treating asthma, fainting, colic, cramps, nausea, headaches, mental fatigue, colds, fevers, flatulence and nausea. Peppermint oil may also help to lessen or eliminate apathy, migraines, shock, nervous stress, vertigo and faintness.
* Rose: Good for a headache, great for nervous tension and any stress related conditions. Treats insomnia, and nausea. Used to aid against broken capillaries, dry skin, and all poor circulation conditions.
* Rosemary oil can be effective for mental fatigue, for all circulation problems,Â pain reliever for the muscular system and also helps with respiratory tract and congested skin.
* Sandalwood: Relaxing and warming. Great aphrodisiac. Sandalwood is valued highly in skincare for its moisturizing and skin healing properties.
* Sweet Orange - Aroma therapists use Sweet Orange to treat muscular tension, poor circulation, obesity and weight control, water retention, constipation, bronchitis, colds, and stress-related symptoms.
* Tea Tree: Another popular proven chose, strong disinfectant, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal
Aromatherapy in a Steam Shower
o Place a few drops of the oil into the steam outlet for the duration of the sauna.15-30 minutes. This is great for clearing sinuses and providing head cold relief.
o Aromatherapy bath salts are often both extremely relaxing and effective.