× Home

Top Authors Top Articles Why Submit Articles? FAQ

Login Register Forgot password?

Stay Active and Get Rid of Lower Back Pain

By:   |   Jul 08, 2018   |   Views: 28   |   Comments: 0

Staying active and having a regular exercise is critical for our body. According to a research, almost 90 percent of chronic lower back pain sufferers are individuals who follow no exercise regimen. The other 10 percent have back and leg pain due to injury.

The symptoms of lower back pain vary in some ways and are similar in others. Most people find that reclining or lying down will improve their pain and after their initial severe episode, many will be able to rest at night without severe pain. There are people who experience more severe pain when they bend over to pick something up. Some get relief from arching backward or extending the back.

With an acute episode, lower back pain can be very severe for a few days or a week and then will often improve. By 2 weeks to 4 weeks, most people are much better. The length of time between episodes varies greatly from person to person, as does the length of each episode, the intensity of each episode, and how well each individual copes with the pain.

Exercise and staying active may relieve lower back pain and can help speed up recovery. Stretching and strengthening the stomach, back, and leg muscles helps make them less susceptible to injury that can cause lower back pain. Strong stomach, back, and leg muscles also better support the spine, reducing pressure on the spinal discs. This may help prevent disc injury.

Exercises that may help reduce or prevent lower back pain include:



  • Aerobic exercise, to condition the heart and other muscles, maintain health, and speed recovery.



  • Strengthening exercises, focusing on the back, stomach, and leg muscles.



  • Stretching exercises, which keep the muscles and other supporting tissues flexible and less prone to injury.



Most low back pain can get better if a person stays active. One should avoid positions and activities that may increase or cause lower back pain. Use ice, and take nonprescription pain relievers when it is needed. If a person is already suffering from lower back pain, some exercises that may aggravate it includes:



  • Straight leg sit-ups.



  • Bent leg sit-ups or partial sit-ups (curl-ups) when one have acute back pain.



  • Lifting both legs while lying on the back (leg lifts).



  • Lifting heavy weights above the waist (standing military press or bicep curls).



  • Toe touches while standing.



When an individual no longer have acute pain, he or she may be ready for gentle strengthening exercises for the stomach, back, and legs, and perhaps for some stretching exercises. Exercise may not only help decrease lower back pain, but it may also help a person recover faster, prevent reinjury to the back, and reduce the risk of disability from back pain.

Exercises to reduce lower back pain are not complicated and can be done at home without any special equipment. It's important to not let fear of pain keep anyone from trying gentle activity. It is important to remember that too little activity can lead to loss of flexibility, strength, and endurance, and then to more pain.

Was this helpful?
Thank you!
 
 
 
 

More from Patricia Griffin

The Best Skin Creme For Men - Outstanding Facial Skin Care Product that Works!

Are you frustrated with trying to find a facial skin care product that does the...

By: Patricia Griffinl Uncategorizedl Jul 08, 2018 lViews: 186 lComments: 0

The Best Lotion Skin Tightening for Face Formula

Did you know the most effective lotion skin tightening for face formulas will tr...

By: Patricia Griffinl Uncategorizedl Jul 08, 2018 lViews: 177 lComments: 0

The Best Anti Aging Skin Lotion For A Naturally Youthful And Healthy Skin

What if I told you chances are high you won't get any results by using any commo...

By: Patricia Griffinl Uncategorizedl Jul 08, 2018 lViews: 182 lComments: 0
Add new Comment

* Required fields