Solve Ms Outlook Error - 0X80040154
Microsoft Outlook error '0x80040154', is one of the most common errors that you receive when sending or receiving an e-mail message. In Outlook, this error appears, prefixed with 'unknown error' and requires Outlook Inbox Repair steps.
Error '0x80040154' generally occurs because of unregistered file(s) or some registry corruption issues. When it comes to Microsoft Outlook 2003, this problem may root from inetcomm.dll file. Here are some common solutions that can help you isolate the given problem:
- First, you need to click 'Start' and then 'Run'.
- Next, type 'regsvr32 inetcomm.dll' and restart your computer.
- Then you can start Outlook and see if the problem goes away. In that case, you can stop here as the problem was due to an unregistered inetcomm.dll file.
- If the problem persists, you should restart your computer in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and then start MS Outlook. In case, this method works for you, the problem is related to a conflicting program or a virus. So, you need to uninstall the problematic program and/or run an antivirus software.
- If the above method also fails, you should remove the Outlook profile you use, after backing up all the e-mail folders and settings. You can either delete the profile or add a new one. Next, you can setup a new account and later import old folders.
- In case, the issue still persists, you should try repairing Microsoft Office or Microsoft Outlook. If this doesn't work, you can reinstall MS Outlook. Make sure that you backup your PST and settings first.
However, if MS Outlook is damaged as a result of corrupted PST, the above methods will not work. This is because when you reinstall or repair Outlook, the old PST file(s) are not deleted. Thus, you need to repair them using PST Repairsolutions.
Stellar's Outlook Inbox Repair Software can repair and restore corrupted PST files. These repair software also restore the data to a secure location, while maintaining the original indexes and data structure of the original file. Moreover, these utilities can be used in any case of PST file corruption.
Stellar's Inbox Repair Tool is a reliable, high-end tool that is used to repair a corrupted PST. This Repair Inbox tool creates a new PST to restore its e-mails, notes, contacts, etc. The software supports MS Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000 and is a safe tool, as it uses risk-free algorithms.