Rheumatoid Arthritis Herbal Remedies - 5 Amazing Ingredients For Pain Relief That Never Fail!
A lot of people are turning to rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies after knowing about the adverse side effects of various prescription drugs for arthritis. Find out the expert facts in this article that you need to take the best health decision for yourself.
Cox-2 inhibitor drugs have come under a lot of scrutiny, especially after the removal of Vioxx (manufactured by Merck) from the market. It was the Cox-2 inhibitor drug that was reported to significantly increase the probability of heart attack and stroke. In fact, thousands of lawsuits are still pending against it.
Another common form of treatment of rheumatoid arthritis is the use of NSAIDs. Prescription drugs such as ibuprofen and aspirin fall in this category. Although they are effective for pain relief in the short term, but they can lead to health problems such as gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers, stomach infections, etc. if they are taken in large doses for a long period of time.
Corticosteroids are also used to control inflammation. But they also suffer from serious side effects and are at best, only an effective short-term solution for rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies are much better, effective and natural alternative of treatment. Here are 5 natural ingredients that can be very helpful --
1) Devil's claw root -- it helps to fight inflammation. But, it is also known to aggravate certain health conditions such as aggravating acid reflux and peptic ulcers.
2) Turmeric -- it contains curcumin and has got amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It has been used since ages for relief in rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
3) Feverfew -- its extract are well-known to prevent inflammation and treat fevers since centuries.
4) Ginger -- it is one of the most popular rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies. Fresh ginger contains excellent anti-inflammatory properties and helps to reduce inflammation and provide effective pain relief in symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
5) Fish Oil Supplements -- Besides the above natural ingredients, omega-3 fatty acids play one of the most important roles as rheumatoid arthritis herbal remedies. They contain powerful anti-inflammatory properties as well as many other health benefits for our body including the heart, brain, skin, digestive system, joints, and hair.
The proper intake of Omega 3 fatty acids in diet through supplements has been proven to reduce tenderness in joints, reduce inflammation and pain, and provide greater joint mobility. Unfortunately, the average Western diet is highly deficient in Omega 3 fatty acids.
Molecularly distilled or "pharmaceutical grade" fish oil supplements are one of the best means to achieve a proper supplementation of Omega 3 fatty acids on a daily basis. They are also free of the risk of harmful toxins and contaminants such as mercury, lead, PCBs, etc. that are found in the flesh of fish when it is consumed directly.