Naturally Clean With Aromatherapy
Making your own natural house cleaning product is beneficial for the environment, as well economical. Avoiding all the toxins that are used in traditional products can also be better for our general health. Below you will find a few suggestions to get you started on making your home clean the non chemical way.
Bed linen spray
You can mix 30-40 drops of your favorite essential oil to 1,5 ounces of distilled water in a spray bottle with a light mist to create a bed linen spray.
- 10 drops of lavender
- 10 drops of clary sage
- 10 drops mandarin or bergamot
- 10 drops sandalwood
- 2 drops jasmine
- 2 drops ylang ylang
- 3 drops ginger
- 10 drops bergamot
- 3 drops lime
- 10 drops tea tree
- 10 drops lemon
- 20 drops lavender
- 1 16 ounce box of baking soda
- Pour baking soda in a bowl and add the essential oils
- Mix the content so that the oil are well blended to the baking soda. If the oils are not well mixed you risk staining your carpet.
- Store the mixture in a jar or air tight container.
- Sprinkle the deodorizer onto carpet
- Let sit for 10-20 minutes
Diaper pail deodorizer
Simply add 10 drops of orange essential oil to a cotton ball and place it the diaper pail in order to mask the unpleasant odours.
- Fill a spray bottle with 1 part vinegar and 1 part water.
- Add 10-15 drops of orange essential oil.
- Shake well.
Keep the bottle near the change table and spray every used diaper before throwing away in the pail.
Toilet bowl cleaner
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree to Â½ a cup of borax.
- Put mixture in toilet.
- Give a quick scrub.
- Let sit for several hours or over night.
- Scrub one last time and flush.
Vinegar floor cleaner ( without the smell)
- Add a Â¼ cup of vinegar to a bucket of warm water.
- Add 10 drops of lemon and 4 drops of oregano.
- Wash floors as usual.
- Â¼ cup of vinegar.
- Â¼ cup of water.
- 5 drops of olive oil.
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil.
Combine ingredients in a bowl and submerge a cloth or sponge and wipe down all your wood furniture.
Mold and mildew
- 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil.
- 2 cups of water.
- Combine ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Spay areas that are affected with mold and mildew.
- Let the spray dry on and take action. This could take a few hours.
- Pass a cloth to clean the remaining mess.