Natural Ways to Treat Upper Back Pain
Back pain or backache is one of the most discomforting forms of pain our body experiences. There are many pain reliever and topical creams and lotions that promise to provide relief from back pain. Most of these painkillers or pain relievers available in the market give long term side effects. To avoid side effects, the easiest way is to try some natural ways to ease pain and discomfort. This article briefly describes some effective natural ways to treat upper back pain.
1. Taking the help of chiropractors and physiotherapists for adjusting joint imbalances and easing out tiring muscles respectively would fetch good results.
2. Massaging is an effective way of soothing strained muscles. Herbal massage oils like rumatone gold oil, nagachampa massage oil, narayani oil, arnica oil, capsaicin ointments, olive oil, and eucalyptus body massage oil can be very helpful. Rumatone gold oil is made of pure herbal ingredients having anti inflammatory and pain relieving properties.
3. Lifting, bending and carrying activities should be done cautiously. Appropriate posture should be maintained while lifting. While lifting weight one should keep the knees bent and the back erect, place the object between feet and keep legs astride. This will help to avoid pressure on the back muscles.
4. Ice and heat therapy can ease out painful conditions. Rubbing a pack of ice cubes on the aching zone followed by a hot shower brings relief.
5. Analgesics or pain killers like aspirin, naproxen, ibruprofen, NSAIDs, anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants like cyclobenzaprine etc are medicines commonly used to treat upper back pain. But these may create some side effects. Try herbal medicine rumatone gold capsules, which have no side effects and works well in treating upper back pain.
6. The patient should avoid slouching, and use a chair that is hard enough and allows upright posture. The cozy, cushioned sofa and mattresses though appear tempting, they actually lead to improper spine alignment and back pain.
7. Acupuncture can relieve some patients of pain.
8. Light stretching and range of motion exercises enhance flexibility of the back muscles, reducing stiffness and tenderness.
9. Usage of specially designed braces may also help. Such braces provide additional support to weak, strained muscles and restrict further wear and tear.
10. Herbs like chamomile, burdock, devil's claw, boswelia have pain reducing and anti-inflammatory properties. These herbs may be taken in the form of supplements. Herbal supplements would possibly be the best way to suppress pain for they do away with harmful toxic effect of commercial allopathic medicines.