Natural Treatment for Thyroid Problem - Hypothyroid and Hyperthyroid Causes and Symptoms
Thyroid is a gland which is located below the thyroid cartilage in the front party of the neck. This gland is responsible to produce thyroid hormone which regulates the metabolism of our body. It also regulates the energy of the body, growth and maturation of the tissue of the body and also the use of vitamins and hormones by our body.
Thyroid gland is affected in two conditions. Either it produces too little hormone or it produces too much hormone. The condition in which the thyroid gland produces too little hormone, that condition is termed as hypothyroidism. The condition in which our gland produces too much hormone than this condition is termed as hyperthyroidism.
Causes of the problem of thyroid vary in hypothyroid and hyperthyroid.
Causes of hypothyroidism are loss of tissue, present from birth, anti thyroid antibodies, due to some medications and due to some defect caused in the production of thyroid hormone.
Causes of hyperthyroid are grave's disease, multinodular goiter which is toxic, due to induction of some drug, pituitary adenoma and also due to thyroiditis.
Symptoms of thyroid vary according to hypothyroid or hyperthyroid. The symptoms are different in infants, children and in adults. Some of its common symptoms are poor growth, fatigue, nervousness, excessive tiredness, poor tolerance to cold as well as hot temperatures, constipation, weight gain in hypothyroid and weight lose in hyperthyroid, depression, puffiness around the eyes, lack or irregular menstrual periods and also it leads to worsen intellectual ability. Some natural remedies are available which must be followed regularly to reduce the affect of thyroid.
1. Make use of coconut oil in the preparation of your daily food. You will observe the effective result.
2. Doing exercise or practicing yoga especially the position of sarvangasna is very helpful in the treatment of thyroid.
3. After consulting your primary physician make a routine to add guggul extract to your diet. It will really help you in reducing the affect of thyroid. But be sure to consult some physician because it may have negative effect on many persons.
4. Intake of dairy and wheat products must be avoided.
5. Make a habit to eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables. It will give some positive effect on your body and you will feel fresh.
6. A hot ginger tea is very effective for the treatment of thyroid. So if possible drink lots of ginger tea.
7. Salty foods have negative effect on the people suffering from thyroid. So it is best to avoid the salty foods.