Misconceptions About Acne
I think there will not be a single person in this world who does not know about acne. Acne is the most widespread skin diseases and most teenagers have gone through this depressing phase.
People use different methods for acne cure. Different types of acne treatments include home remedies, herbal medicines, antibiotics and over the counter medicines. Whatever the method they use one thing is clear that an acne cure is not an overnight process. Normal acne treatment takes around 6 to 8 weeks to show some improvement.
Most of the misconceptions originate due to lack of information and education about this condition. There are several misconceptions about acne which are quite misleading for people. This is such an advanced era that you can get the required information whenever you want. There are numerous websites, articles, and eBooks about acne and its treatment. You can easily gather all the required information.
Now I will discuss a few misconceptions about acne to make things clearer for you:
• Some people think that acne is contagious but this is totally wrong. Acne cannot be spread by skin contact or use of towels. So, if your friends are suffering from acne, you should not worry because you cannot catch it.
• There is another misconception that blackheads get their black color from dirt. This is totally wrong because blackheads get dark color due to excessive pigmentation. Dirt can only increase the number of bacteria and aggravate acne.
• Acne is caused by poor hygiene. Wrong, dirt, pollution etc don’t cause acne but they can worsen the acne condition. Acne is caused by clogging of pores due to oil secretion.
• If you wash your face frequently and do over scrubbing for an acne cure than you are highly mistaken. Excessive washing and scrubbing can actually cause irritation and inflammation on the skin. The best solution is to wash your face twice a day with a face wash and pat dry. Do not use a towel on your affected skin.
• Different foods cause acne. Scientific research did not conclude that eating food can cause acne in the first place. No chocolates, French fries, pizzas, colas cause acne. However there are some foods which can worsen the acne condition. It is advised to eat balanced diet as much as possible because diet imbalances can trigger acne.
• Acne is caused by stress. Another misconception! In realty stress does not cause acne however acne can be a side effect of stress reliving medicines.
• You have to wait for a specific time period to cure acne. The truth is that acne can be treated at any time and cleared up during any phase. If you are using some over the counter medicines and they are showing no result then see your dermatologist. There’s no reason why some one should wait for acne to get worse and leave scars on the skin.
There are numerous other misconceptions about acne and acne treatments but here we have discussed the very common misconception to make things clear and easy for you.