How to Find the Right Affiliate Program Directory for You
Internet marketers are always searching for ways to duplicate their efforts. After all, once they have a proven method for success, they want to spread it quickly. For many Internet marketers, the answer is found in an affiliate program directory.
What is an affiliate program directory?
The most basic example is a library. An affiliate program directory is a library of all the products and services available for affiliates to promote on their website. In turn, affiliates receive a commission for each sale generated for the merchant.
The Benefits of Affiliate Marketing
The benefit for affiliates is products without development or stock. Affiliates need not worry about creating a new product or keeping a product in stock. All they do is decide what they want to sell and find a merchant that sells that product.
When the affiliate makes a sale, a commission is paid.
How many products promoted and how much time devoted to promotion is up to the affiliate. It is flexible enough for a stay at home mom to make some extra cash and for a entrepreneur to support his or her family. Full time or part time is all up to the affiliate.
The Benefits for Merchants
The major benefit to merchants is the sales boost you get from hiring affiliates. The affiliates work hard to drive traffic to the merchant site and generate sales. Merchants can allow as many affiliates as they want without worrying about excessive pay. The only time a merchant pays an affiliate is when the affiliate makes a sale. It is a win-win situation.
- Increase Traffic - Generating traffic has long plagued Internet marketers. Finding new ways to increase traffic can be difficult. However, when you hire affiliates, they generate traffic for you. The number of inbound links alone will increase your SEO and your page ranking.
- Increase Sales - With more traffic comes more sales. Since the increase in traffic is due to a target market, you can expect your conversion rate to increase as well. More traffic means more sales even if your conversion rate stays the same.
- Increase Promotion - As more affiliates start up their own website, you can be certain that more and more people are visiting your site. At the very least, your product name is circulating among your target audience, which leads to potential customers.
Picking the Right Affiliate Program Directory
Vendors and affiliates alike need to select the directory wisely. A well established directory can boost your sales or your commission.
- Size - Vendors and affiliates alike need to choose a large directory. A program directory that has had time to build affiliates and vendors will have the staying power needed to assure more affiliates and vendors are added.
- Payment - Everyone should check on how payments are made. An automated system to pay affiliates will keep affiliates coming back and will reassure everyone that payments will be made as promised.
Most importantly for both vendors and affiliates is the record keeping. You need a place that keeps up-to-date and accurate records. When tax time rolls around, you do not want to be left out in the cold with no tax records to back you up.