How to Care for Women's Designer Watches
The watch world has seen a great many changes in its time from the invention of the mechanical movement in the late 18th century to the early 19th century to the creation of the Quartz movement in the early 1970's. Now the watch world is once more going through a revolution which is changing the way we look at our watches.
Watches have always been seen as predominantly a piece of time telling equipment which is a necessity for everyday life. Now thought this is all in a state of flux with the big fashion houses like D&G;, DKNY, Chanel and Diesel all licensing their company brand to new ranges of watches. The changes are most evident in the women's designer watch market place. With watches that wow and amaze even the staunchest of traditionalists.
These new designers' watches broke many of the boundaries of what is acceptable in a watch and what is not. These new womens designer watches use materials never before thought of in the watch industry to create images that were never before possible without the use of Diamonds and the creation of large price tags.
With all these new materials like Swarovski crystal, Chorian and gemstones how do you ensure that your women's designer watches look as good in 2 years time as they did when you first bought them?
Swarovski crystal has been the buzz word this season with many manufactures making more and more women's designer watches encrusted in the Austrian crystal like the NY3746 or the Prism by Guess. But caring for crystal is a difficult thing to do when you are not used to wearing crystal jewellery. There are things to avoid when wearing a watch with Swarovski crystal or any crystal to that fact.
1. When using perfume ensure that if the perfume is a spray that the watch is well away from where you are spraying your perfume remember preferably in a box so it is not hit any stray perfume when sprayed.
2. If placing perfume on the wrist where you wear your watch, ensure that you are not wearing the watch and that when you place the watch on your wrist that the perfume is dry.
3. Ensure that the crystals do not get wet as any agents in the water maybe harmful to the crystals in your watch. Although the watch mechanism and case may be water resistant the crystals are not.
4. When you have finished wearing your crystal set watch give the watch a gentle wipe with a dry cloth ensuring there is no detergents or oils on the cloth before doing so.
5. Don not clean with silver or jewel polish as this will damage the crystals.
Swarovski crystal though is not the only new material being used in women's designer watches we also now have steel being PVD plated to give the steel a coating which turns the metal from a steel colour to a black or bronzed effect depending on what the look is of the watch as can be seen on the G- Mix by Guess.
To care for this style of watch similar rules apply although they are not as strict perfume is a no as it is so corrosive to metals that it will shorten the longevity of you watch water is though permissible as long as the watch case is water resistant to sufficient an amount to mean that the watch case will not absorb the water and damage the watch.
If you have a watch which is gold plated watches these should also be care for in the same way.
All of these methods should help to get the best of your women's designer watch and we would like to thank Hot Watches for their assistance.