How Not to Lose your Keys: Locksmith San Francisco Tips
Tired of losing your office, home or car keys? You're not alone. Â Losing pr misplacing keys is common and happens to all of us. However, some people tend to lose their keys more frequently than others. This is usually the case with individuals who are not well organized, people with ADD and real estate agents.Â Working as a real estate agent means that you get access to countless homes. Losing the key to your client's residence or office can be quite embarrassing. The first thing to keep in mind is that even if a key is lost, it is not the end of the world! You can always get a key replacement for you office, home or car through a local locksmith San Francisco company.Â House door keys are not very pricey to replace, but auto keys is a different story. Â So here are a few tips on holding on to your keys better and perhaps investing your time and money in other sources.
1. Get a key chain: A single key that is not attached to a keychain has a higher likelihood of getting lost. So that's the first thing you should do.
2. Neck string: Attach your key to a neck string and keep it on your neck at all times, except of course when going to sleep.
3. Check twice before leaving the house: If you have the tendency to leave your keys inside the lock, make it a rule of thumb to double check before you leave the house. Eventually you'll become more aware and automatically remember to make sure that your key is not left in the lock.
4. Dedicate a spot for your key: If you tend to misplace your keys, dedicate a place for them. For example: install a special hook or a nail for your keys on one of your walls at home. (Warning: it is not recommended to the hook close to the front door or window as this would make it easier for a burglar to break in).Â This dedicated location for your keys can be anything else such as a night table. Make sure you dedicate a location wherever you go - at work, at home and at your friends' place. The best thing of course is to keep it in your pocket or purse. But if that's not an option then just make sure it is a reasonable location not far from view.
5. Get a spare key: if you already know you have a serious problem and tendency to lose your keys and none of the above help, it is highly recommended to get a spare key and leave it with someone you trust. If you ever get locked out of your house or car you can call that person and ask them to bring it to you. You can contact a locksmith San Francisco to get a spare key.
If these tips are not helpful or impractical, you can always contact a local locksmith San Francisco service provider to get a key replacement. Some locksmiths companies in San Francisco work 24 hours a day and can come to you to replace your keys on the spot. The best thing to do is to find a good lock smith San Francisco company now and save their phone number on your cell phone in case you ever find yourself stuck with a lost key or simply locked out.