Home Remedies For Sinus Infection - Cure This Irritating Problem
The home remedies for sinus infection may prove to be capable in curing this irritating problem. This is a common ailment these days, which affects nearly half of the population. In addition, this infection occurs in the nasal area. It is medically known as sinusitis. Moreover, there are three sinuses in the nose which are clinically recognized as frontal, ethmoid and maxillary sinus. The frontal is located on the upper part of nose where nose meets the skullcap, and ethmoid is located bit lower than frontal. Additionally, maxillary is located in between the nasal passage way. The home remedies for sinus infection can cure the infection of all the three sinuses. Moreover, in sinusitis any three or all three sinuses may get infected due to which inflammation occurs. The home remedies for sinus infection can help to relieve the inflammation of the sinuses.
The cause for occurrence of sinusitis is viral, fungal or bacterial infection. The sinuses are air-filled spaces that do not contain bacteria or any other microbes, and mucus drains off easily letting air to circulate easily. Moreover, when the space between sinuses gets blocked by too much mucus, the microbes grow easily causing infection. The home remedies for sinus infection can eliminate the microbes effectually. Firstly, the blockage may appear due to improper function of cilia. The cilia are small hairs in the nose that move mucus out. Secondly, increase in formation of mucus due to colds and allergies may block the nasal passage way. Thirdly, nasal bone or nasal polyps may block the opening of the sinuses. The home remedies for sinus infection can help to get rid of excessive mucus formation and relieve sinusitis.
There are many symptoms of sinusitis. The most common symptom is that a person may suffer from cold that does not improve, or worsen as the days passes. Moreover, along with cold, bad breathe or loss of smell occurs due to infection. Also, cough may worsen during bedtime. In addition, a person may suffer from fever and fatigue along with the cold. Others include pressure-like pain behind eyes, toothache, facial tenderness, nasal congestion, nasal discharge, postnasal drip and sore throat may be caused due to the sinusitis. There some simple home remedies for sinus infection which are mentioned ahead.
1. Take a warm and moist cloth, and apply it on the face several times a day.
2. Use coneflower to boost immunity. A healthy immune system will help to eliminate the infection.
3. Eyebright is an anti-inflammatory herb which can relieve the blocked sinuses.
4. Brew your tea with eucalyptus. It will soothe and relieve the pain.
5. In case of tea lovers, use garlic and ginger in tea. Garlic will increase the immunity, and ginger will relieve the blockage in the nasal passage way.
6. The usage of goldenseal is recommended because the active ingredients of goldenseal have both antibacterial and antiviral properties which can eliminate the infection.
7. Add lavender oil in boiling water, and take steam of it. It will relieve the blockage as well as it will eliminate the infection.
8. Lavender oil can also be applied directly on the cheeks and above eyebrows to clear the nasal passage way in minutes. It will also relieve the frequent headaches.