Home Remedies for Dry Skin - Natural Treatment
In medical terms dry skin is known as xeroderma. This condition involves our integumentary system, and it can be safely treated with the help of home remedies for dry skin. In addition, excessive dryness of skin can stifle our attractive appearance. Moreover, dryness lessens the glow and attractiveness of a normal, healthy skin. Also, it can get easily scratched; and less moisturized skin is more prone to slight frictions due to which our skin may get easily bruised. In addition, due to the excessive dryness, the skin loses its natural sheen. For all these reasons, a person seeks for some effective treatment, and home remedies for dry skin is the weapon which may fight the excessive dryness of skin, and retains the important moisture of the skin.
There are many causes for excessive dryness in skin, but the environmental conditions are prime cause for occurrence of this repulsive condition. In addition, the cold weather is very difficult time to maintain dry skin, because climate is too dry due to which the moisture of skin gets absorbed by dry air. The home remedies can help to maintain the moisture of the skin in cold weather. The genetic factors may also be responsible for excessive dryness of skin. In addition, deficiency of essential nutrients severely affects the skin. Moreover, the dryness of skin may be caused due to certain medications, for example diuretics, anti-spasmodics and anti-histamines. Others include aging process, underlying diseases, swimming in chlorinated water, harsh soaps, chemicals and harsh cosmetics. However, it does not matter how your skin gets dried, the home remedies can treat the worst conditions also.
In addition, there are many homemade remedies, but some very effective home remedies for dry skin are mentioned ahead. These remedies are proved to be helpful for many peoples.
1. Take 1 teaspoon of each, egg yolk, lime juice, orange juice, rose water and olive oil, and mix them thoroughly. Apply this mixture on affected skin for 20 minutes.
2. Massage with aloe vera extracts. It will replenish the skin by providing essential nutrients.
3. Before taking bath, massage your skin with almond oil, avocado oil or olive oil. Twenty minutes after massaging, go for a bath. The wait period will help the oil to penetrate deeply in the skin.
4. Run the fleshy part of the apple on the skin. In addition, squeeze the apple onto the skin so that its juice can enter into the skin. This remedy will get rid of excessive dryness of skin.
5. Mix 1 teaspoon of rose water with 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply this mixture on the affected skin. After 15 minutes wash with lukewarm water.
In conclusion, the mentioned home remedies for dry skin may work miraculously, but there are some extra tips that will help you to get rid of this annoying problem permanently. Firstly, drink at least 8 glasses of water regularly. Moreover, water is very necessary for hydration of skin. Secondly, avoid caffeine, carbonated and alcoholic beverage, because these beverages affect the whole body, including skin. Thirdly, work on the stress reduction methods. Moreover, stress is very harmful for proper functioning of the body organs. Fourthly, regularly exercise for at least 30 minutes.