Herbal Remedies for Sunburn - Home Remedies and Cures
Sunburn is caused due to overexposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Especially it is caused due to radiation of ultraviolet B which is caused by the radiation of ultraviolet B which results into the inflammation of the skin. Due to skin burn the risk of skin cancer increases. Due to sunburn the aging of the skin increases but the sunburn is totally painless. It affects only the skin.
Usually the ultraviolet rays from the sun are absorbed by the melanin pigment in the skin. It acts as a defense for the UV rays. The concentration of melanin is low in the person having fair complexion. So UV rays destruct the skin and causes wrinkle and damages the blood vessels.
Some of the symptoms of sunburn -
1. When the sun burn is mild the skin becomes reddish. The person feels hotter and tender.
2. Blisters which are filled with fluid eventually burst out. These blisters are small and itchy.
3. When the sun burn is severe, it discolors the skin to red and purplish colors. A person having blistered skin suffers from nausea, chills, mild fever, dehydration and headache.
Sunburn can be controlled with the help of herbal remedies. With the help of herbal remedies the pain and swelling which is due to sunburn is reduced. The healing process is accelerated and can be applied at home easily. The herbal supplements are free from any chemicals.
1. Mix few drops of Sea Buckthorn oil with almond or olive oil and apply it over the affected skin. Repeat this rubbing process at least two - three times a day. You will observe the effective healing of the oil extract in reducing the damaging affect on the skin
2. Soak 2-3 bags of black tea into a bath tub filled with lukewarm water. As tea contains the tanic acid which reduces the pain caused by sun burn. The second method of application of tea bags is to wet in hot water and then allow it to cool. After some time place it directly on the affected area. You can also use chamomile or green tea. To give feeling of cooling you can use peppermint oil as well as tea.
3. Application of aloe gel on the affected area gives soothing effect on the skin.
4. Take 20 drops of calendula oil and mix it with 4 oz. of water. Apply this solution with the help of cotton balls on the affected area. It is also very effective herbal remedy.