Food To Grow Taller - Foods to Help You Grow Taller
Growing tall calls for a healthy balanced diet. Children are always reminded to eat food with nutritive value during their growing years for them to reach their maximum height potential. People who are over puberty can still add a few inches to their height by eating the right kind of food.
There are certain foods that you need to include in your diet to grow taller. These foods contain the nutrients the body needs to ensure faster and better growth. If you want to grow taller then you better eat foods that are rich in protein, vitamin and minerals.
- Proteins consisting of amino acids have enzymes, hormones and antibodies that promote growth and make sure body functions are working efficiently. You can derive proteins from fish, whole eggs, legumes and milk.
- Certain foods also work against the stimulation of growth hormones in the body. So you better avoid or eat minimal of them. Foods that are high in carbohydrates and fats should be minimal in your diet if you want to grow taller. Cereals, rice and bread might work contrary to what you want as it is said to hinder growth. Our diet affects how tall we can get. It is said that Asians are smaller than Europeans because their diet is carbohydrate-rich while the latter eat more proteins in their diet, making them taller. Food To Grow Taller
- Eating lots of meat can cause for growth to slow down as they are rich of lipids and saturated fats. Meat should thus be eaten sparingly. If you do not like to eat vegetables and a meat lover then it is advisable that you choose lean red meats, pink salmon, clams, rainbow, trouts, fish liver and blue crabs. Delete sodas, pastries and crispies since they are high in fat content.
- Quit smoking, alcohol and drugs for they can also hinder growth.
- Don't forget to take in all the calcium you can get. This mineral is necessary for growth of healthy bones. You can get it from dairy produce like milk, cheese and yogurt. Vegetables are also excellent source of calcium.
- Also include fruits in your diet especially the citrus ones. Oranges and other citrus fruits are Vitamin C rich. This vitamin plays an important role in absorbing calcium and thus results in bone growth.
- You should also include whole grains and beans in your diet since they also promote growth. Make sure you drink plenty of water for proper distribution of nutrients and promote muscle growth. Food To Grow Taller