Five Tips To Removing Acne Scars
How do you get rid of those ugly acne scars? First of all, what are acne scars? Acne itself injures the skin, and when the infection begins to heal, a cavity is left behind. The body feels the cavities quickly which results in tough discolored skin, or an acne scar.
To remove the scars, you need to use skin conditioners. The problem with most skin conditioners is that they leave your skin oily and can cause more acne. Some great ways to get rid of the scars is by natural means. I will provide five tips to help you remove the scars.
1. Aloe Vera Gel/Juice. This is really helpful when the wounds are fresh. Aloe Vera will help prevent scars from occurring.
2. Baking Soda: Baking soda is very good for the exfoliation of your skin. To use, mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of water. Rub on the affected area for about a minute, then rinse away.
3. Ice: Using ice cubes is very effective at removing scarring, but can be a little painful. Rub the ice on the scars for about fifteen minutes every day.
4. Egg Shells: This is similar to a process that professionals use called Dermabrasion. This process is expensive from a professional. You can get similar results by using egg shells. Boil the egg shells to sterilize them. Crush the egg shells into a gritty powder. Mix this with soap to form an excellent exfoliate for your skin.
5. Apples and Honey: This is a very popular method, because it will get rid of your scars and help prevent another acne breakout. When apples and honey are combined and placed on the skin, they will tighten your pores which will prevent dirt, germs and other material from accumulating in the pore. To create a mask of honey and apple, mash the flesh of an apple till a paste is formed. Add four or five drops of honey. Apply this to the affected skin, let dry, then rinse with cool water.
All of these are excellent ways to treat acne scars, and most of these will also treat acne, especially the last treatment mentioned. You should choose a skin care regiment and stick to it. Treat your skin by washing it, conditioning it, and applying your scar therapy at least twice a day. Be patient with these therapy's, they do take a little time to work, but you should see excellent results in a couple of days.
For more information on acne and acne scar treatments, click on the link below.