Fibromyalgia - Causes And Home Remedies
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by inflammation of muscles, tendons and joints. The fibromyalgic tissues pain a lot and turn stiff and tender. The pain may be quite disabling, inhibiting movement in day to day life. But fibromyalgia is otherwise harmless for it does not cause any kind of body damage or deformity. Women are more affected by fibromyalgia than men. Patients with fibromyalgia are increasingly sensitive to external sensory stimuli that trigger pain. The pain occurs all over the body, but is heightened at the tender pressure points. Neck, shoulder, arms, chest, hip, buttocks, either side of breast bone and knee are usually affected by pain. Apart from pain, the other symptoms of fibromyalgia include stiffness, tingling or numbness, fatigue, depression, anxiety, weakness, nausea, sleep problems, gastrointestinal disorders and urinary problem. The causes of fibromyalgia may be listed as follows:
2. Growth hormone secretion deficiency
5. Elevated levels of substance P in brain
6. Problems with Dopamine secretion
7. Issues related to serotonin metabolism
8. Unhealthy diet
10. Psychological distress
11. Inadequate sleep
12. Cold, rainy weather.
Home Remedies for Fibromyalgia
1. Mix 3-4 cups of Epsom salt in warm bath water and take bath with it. This soothes aching muscles.
2. Mix 1 teaspoon of grated ginger in 8 ounce of hot water and keep for 10 minutes. Strain and add honey for taste. Take the mixture. It alleviates pain effectively.
3. Add 2 teaspoon lemon juice and honey to a glass of water and take the solution. This eases painful situation.
4. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder in glassful water and take thrice a day to get relief from fibromyalgia pain.
5. Cook 10-12 ripe cherries in a mixture of 2 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoon jiggery for some time. Let it cool. Take the mixture frequently throughout the day. This relieves muscular pain.
6. Cook 4-5 tablespoons of oatmeal in milk. Add cherries and jiggery and cook thoroughly. Take the mixture 2-3 times a day. This reduces body ache.
7. Cranberry or radish juice is very effective in lessening fibromyalgia pain.
8. Boil 8-10 papaya seeds in glassful water. Cool and strain and take the mixture thrice regularly.
9. Cook 2-3 brinjals on fire, add 3 drops of castor oil, some cumin seeds, garlic and chopped coriander leaves. Take it 1-2 times daily. This is an effective home remedy for fibromyalgia.
10. Take coconut water and coconut milk in plenty. This treats fibromyalgia effectively.
11. Vegetable juices are very helpful in curing fibromyalgia.
12. Massage body with a mixture of kerosene and olive oil to get rid of pain.
13. Application of warm vinegar on painful areas relieves pain.