Fasting and Exercise to Control Your Weight
FASTING & EXERCISE TO CONTROL YOUR WEIGHTÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Eva Fry
Fasting and Exercise have been a simple way for me to keep my weight in control. I am 5' 3 and I keep my weight around 110 lbs. I am healthy and strong at age 69.
Â you choose when you want to fast
- Once a week or
- When you have over eaten and feel stuffed.
- When you don't like how you feel or look.When you are planning on eating out and want to be able to eat and enjoy without feeling guilty.
How do you fast?
Go without breakfast and lunch - try to go from dinner to dinner - a 24 hours period. If you do this regularly you shouldn't have to fast more than one day at a time.Â I have fasted for 3 days and the most a 5-day fast but that was only when I felt I was desperate and sometimes for health cleanses.Â Normally I fast only one day a week or when ever I feel I need to fast. Mostly I fast just once a month for one day.
When you break your fast don't start making up for all of the food you didn't eat by eating more than normal and making the fast a waste.
To help you fast:
- Drink lots of water whenever you are hungry
- Get use to the feeling of being hungry you can get to live with it and even like it because you are in control.
- Don't get carried away with fasting. Do it in moderation and with reason. It is not necessary to have long fasts.
- Have the right attitude. Feel excited about how you will feel when you get to where you want to be. Don't think of fasting as denying yourself but rather being good to you.
What are the benefits of fasting along with exercise?
- You do feel free from the control food can have on you.
- Your mind feels clear, you think better.
- You like yourself better.
- You stomach shrinks so you're not as hungry after fasting.
- Fasting takes away your craving.
- You loose weight!
- You look good!
Â My exercise has been running two miles every second day (about 1/2 hour) and on the other days do about 10 to 15 minutes of weight training with 5lb weights and stretching exercises.
- Choose whatever exercise you enjoy.
- Try to do it first thing in the morning.
- Do it regularly at least 3-4 times aÂ week Â for at least Â½ hour.
- If you can try to do some kind of exercise each day.
- Don't let weather stop you. If it's raining, exercise in the house or wherever you are. Create an exercise program that allows you to do some kind of exercise no matter what your circumstances are.
- Exercise until you can feel it. Get your heart rate up and perspire.
Of course, controlling your food intake is important but with this program I seem not to get out of control with my eating. I eat normally and very seldom over indulge. It seems this program helps me be in control and not to have any food addictions.
I am 69 years old and have been able to keep my weight in control with this program. It is simple. It allows you to stop weight gain before it gets a hold of you.
As with all weight and exercise programs they must be done with wisdom and approval from your Doctor.