Exercises for Sciatica - Simple Stretch Eliminates Sciatic Pain in Seconds
The most annoying symptom of sciatica is of course - the pain. Most people describe it as a deep, severe pain that starts low on one side of the back andÂ then moves down to the butt and the leg. You probably feel it worsen when you sit down or stand for a long time, or when you stand up after sitting low. Many things can make it worse also - coughing, sneezing, bending and even laughing. Here is a guide exercises for sciatica - the simple stretch to eliminate sciatic pain immediately.
Here's how to do it, step by step:
- Lye flat on your back. Once you are on your back, lift your right leg and place it over your left knee (the right ankle resting on the left knee).
- Reach through with your right hand in between your legs and hug your left knee.
- Take your right hand around the outside of your left knee and hug your left knee. Your palms are now hugging your left knee together.
- With both your hands, pull your left knee towards your chest.
- Repeat on the other side with your right knee.
How to make it more effective
You can take this basic stretch and modify it to make it more effective.
- Lye flat on your back and place your right leg over your left knee. This time - move your right leg so that your right knee is over your left knee. It's like crossing your legs - just lying down.
- Hug your left knee with both your hands and pull your knee to your chest.
Before you start your exercises for sciatica - please remember that even if this helps you (and it will!) - You are only temporarily relieving your pain and you are not curing the root cause of your sciatica!
To achieve permanent cure from sciatica, you must identify the cause and the week muscles and strengthen them.
Simple 3 Step Formula to Cure Sciatica
1. Identifying the cause
Sciatica is caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve. There are 4 major causes for sciatic pain: Piriformis Syndrome, Herniated Discs, Spinal Stenosis and Isthmic Spondylolisthesis. Do you if you have any of these conditions?
- 2. Treating the symptoms
Before you can do anything, you have to relieve the symptoms. If you are in too much pain you can't really do anything else before you relieve your pain. Exercises for sciatica is one of the many ways to treat sciatica symptoms.
- 3. Treating the root cause and eliminating sciatica
Starting any treatment for sciatica without first finding the root problem will lead to frustration and failure. Once you found the reason for your condition and treated the symptoms - it's time to start your tailored treatment plan.