Constipation Remedies - Remedy to Prevent Constipation
Constipation can afflict anyone - young or old. Constipation is one of the most common illnesses. Constipation occurs when the body does not defecate on a regular basis and can result in bloating, pain, and can lead to more serious illnesses. Different people have different cycles - for some, it is normal to defecate 2-3 times a day, for some 1 time a day, and for others, the norm is 2-3 times a week. The Best Remedy for Constipation The best constipation remedy is a healthy lifestyle - complete with a healthy diet and a regular exercise routine. A healthy diet should consist of plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, and foods that are high in fiber. Always chew your food slowly and be sure it is chewed well before swallowing - this helps in the digestive process. Here are some things you can do to help prevent constipation:
- Eat foods that are high in fiber content - raisins, salads, whole-grain bread, bran cereals, raw vegetables and fresh fruits, such as figs and prunes. Flax meal is also a great source of fiber.
- Oatmeal, dried beans, barley, and applesauce should be eaten to help soften the stool.
- Liquids - eight ounces of liquids each day are essential to keeping your body properly hydrated. Water is the most highly recommended form of liquid. By keeping your body properly hydrated, you are allowing your digestive system to work properly and have less chance of becoming constipated.
- In the mornings, drink several cups of a warm liquid, such as warm water or herbal tea.
- Don't ignore the urge - your body lets you know when you need to defecate. Many times constipation is the result of not going when you body tells you that it is time to go.
- Drink fluids - constipation can be the result of not keeping your body hydrated. It is important to drink plenty of fluids daily and avoid dehydration.
- Diet - eat a variety of foods that include fresh vegetables, fiber-rich foods, and fresh fruits.
- Avoid foods that can cause constipation - dairy foods such as milk and cheese, foods that cause gas such as dry beans, cabbage, and cauliflower, fried foods, and red meat.
- Aloe Vera Juice - taken twice a day, this can help to heal and clean the digestive system so that it works smoother.
- Folic Acid - lack of folic acid in your body can cause constipation.
- Corn Syrup - this is a great way to relieve the symptoms of constipation in babies - a tablespoon can be added to an 8 oz. Bottle.
- Sugar - sugar found naturally, such as in honey, can be added to a glass of milk or water to help relieve the symptoms of constipation.