Caring for Your Area Rugs
If you have pets and/or children, area rugs from can offer all the style and comfort of the most expensive carpets, without worries over wear and tear, and without the high cost of cleaning or replacing costly antique treasures. You don't have to compromise on style and selection to get area rugs for your home that will stand the enduring, challenging test of time.
Time, heavy traffic, pets, kids, and the regular wear and tear of daily living can wreak havoc on even the highest quality area rugs. Following these simple care instructions will prolong the life of your floor-covering investment:
- Beware of seemingly innocuous "invisible" dirt and dust. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Thoroughly vacuum area rugs every week - whether you see the dirt or not. Grime will dull the appearance of your area rugs and the fine dust particles will wear out the rug's fibers by grinding and cutting them down, bit by bit.
- Have area rugs in high-traffic areas professionally cleaned every three to six years to restore the rich colors and rug softness.
- Purchase quality padding at the same time as you purchase your rugs. Under padding prevents unnecessary friction from wearing out your area rugs.
- Always turn under any loose fringe around the perimeter of the rug before vacuuming, to prevent it from becoming frayed and damaged.
- For common spills, you can spot clean with a mild soap and coldwater or club soda. Do not oversoak - blot thoroughly.
Your home is by far your biggest investment, and your floors will set a decorating tone for the whole interior. Every homeowner wants to live in style, warmth and comfort. You really can get washable durability that's affordable for any family's budget - without having to choose something that looks cheap and dated.
With pets and kids, your rugs will definitely get a rigorous daily workout, especially with the needs of today's busiest families. For the perfect fit for every room - even your sun porch, consider an area rug. You'll be surprised by the quality, fashionable discount rugs that anyone can afford to take home.
The latest home design interiors feature large, open, largely undefined common spaces where the configuration possibilities are endless - but so too can be the confusion - unless you begin with area rugs. Simply delineating your open floor space with color, size, and directionally-focused area rugs can help to firmly secure your seating areas, welcoming foyers, and higher-traffic areas.
In homes offering large, open spaces, it's important to outline specific areas for specific activities, much like the walls in a traditional floor plan would do. Otherwise, all that great space can come off as impersonal and is often wasted.
The beauty of area rugs is not found only in color, contrast, and the versatile styles they easily offer, but it's in the endless and changeable ways they can add variety and make your home a moving masterpiece you'll find your inner designer. One day, you can have in your way, and the next, it can be his. Area rugs are so easy to move around and changing up a room is the fastest and more affordable way to add variety and new visual interest to a tired space.
Today's Karastan rugs look just like the designer originals made in Persia and the Far East. Discover the affordable secrets of today's interior designers. With thousands upon thousands of choices in discount rugs, there is a style, size, color palette, and design to fit every room, budget, and lifestyle.