Back Pain Natural Treatment - Pain Relieving and Anti Inflammatory Remedies
It is quite common for everybody to suffer from some degree of back pain at some stage of life due to various reasons. After cold and headache, back pain is the most prevailing physical disorder and in US it accounts for the second major cause to miss valuable working days. Aging is a natural factor for back pain, but present day life style, being overweight, sitting in the same position for a long time and adopting wrong postures also have significant contribution for a great number of back pain cases. Modes of therapy also vary depending upon the severity and the cause of this condition. Though most of the back pains can be cured easily, still this condition must be treated with seriousness not casually, to prevent a chronic condition.
Most of the back pain conditions result from muscular strain and sprain when the ligaments or the muscle fibers get torn due to any injury or over stretching. Sportsperson suffer most due to these causes. Other causes are -
3. Back injury
5. Adopting wrong posture
6. Lifting weight
7. Any disorder in the spinal cord and discs
Common symptoms accompanying back pain are -
1. Extreme discomfort and pain in movement or while sitting.
2. Stiffness in muscles
3. Pain while bending
4. Feeling of pain while lying on the back.
Natural Remedies for Back Pain
Medicos prescribe a lot of pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce pain and discomfort. In acute cases corticosteroids are administered in measured doses. Rarely surgical intervention is called for.
1. Regular exercises are beneficial in curing short lived back pains and the chronic ones. Exercising imparts flexibility to the body, checks the body weight, tones the muscles and improves the blood circulation in the joints.
2. Placing pillows under the knees while sleeping provides some comfort in this condition.
3. Having hot Epsom baths for 3-40 minutes is a good remedy in treating back pain. The Epsom salt gets absorbed by the skin and improves the blood circulation.
4. Applying hot water bags or heat treatment through infrared rays is also beneficial in treating this problem.
5. Hot pepper like Red pepper and cayenne pepper have an active chemical called capsaicin which help in reducing the back pain by releasing pain-relieving endorphins from the body.
6. Massaging the back with the oils of wintergreen, eucalyptus, menthol and camphor also gives good results.
7. Drinking tea of chamomile, ginger, horsetail etc are good remedies in treating back pain.
8. Rumatone Gold oil is good natural oil massaging which reduces the back pain to a great extent.
9. Gently massaging the back with mint oil also provides comfort reducing the pain.