Autoblogging - 7 Tips for Success
Updating a lot of blogs with new content all the time, especially if there is a lot of different information can be very time consuming and frustrating. This can be most challenging when you are first starting out and you don't have any spare money to splash out for writers. There are various ways to tackle this issue, but most of them require outsourcing or relying on sources of content that is not that controllable, such as the backlinking service called "," which is a free service whereby other writers post content on your blog with links back to their site.
The idea is win win, but the content varies and can require just as much time to maintain. Is there a better way that still gives you quality content but is not as time-consuming?
Enter the idea of auto blogging, which most people consider to be a set and forget scenario.
What is auto blogging?
Auto blogs are one of the least known, and often misunderstood, underground methods for traffic generation and profit.
There are good and bad versions and if you are like me and have tried a bad version then you will think that all auto blogging software is the same. They feed content, traffic, and profits into your business when done the right way, and they are excellent as a way of setting up AdSense sites. It is excellent for those people that are creating a large portfolio of blogs and don't have time to update them all. You may have heard of the term "unique content" which is one of Google's mantras.
There is also the old wives tale that suggests that if you have duplicate content that you will be banned from Google. This is in fact not true. What will happen is that if there are two sites with the same content then only one will be shown up in the search results. This is why you want unique content.
How can you make auto blogging work for you?
Here are 7 tips you can follow to make it work for success:
1. Have unique content: most autoblogging software provides options so that you can change the content. Now, because you are getting the information from somewhere else it is already a duplicate. A lot of time has been saved already in gathering the information, and while you may think that it defeats the purpose of auto blogs because you have to do some work yourself, as I have already mentioned they are not something that you can set and forget. Not if you are doing it for a profit.
2. Be creative and add some value: remember that there will be real people coming to your site to find a solution to their problem. Would you stay on a site that seemed to have a lot of random information? No, and neither will your visitors.
3. Blogs with diverse content, even about the same subject are really interesting, auto or not. Making your blog stand out and seem different to everyone else's is half the battle, especially in competitive markets.
4. Promote your sites: Just because it is auto does not mean that the traffic is! You still need to do the same work as you would with a normal blog. Promotion brings traffic. An awesome site is no use if 1 person a day sees it!
5. Try to vary the look and design of you blogs: This is especially valid if you have a lot of sites.The more unique they look the better chance they have of being seen and surviving.
6. Don't overdo the content: Too much information can be off putting. Don't try and have your blogs with thousands of topics in it and as many pages of information. Instead have small niche blogs that use long-tail keywords on specific subjects, preferably with low competition.
7. Find a Niche with low competition: As mentioned earlier you want to look at micro-niches where the competition is low but there is a lot of customers who want to spend money. It is not as hard to do as it sounds.
Auto blogs are not a gimmick, nor are they are set-and-forget solutions. Done the right way they can require little work, and will produce greats results and a lot of success for years to come.