Air Purifiers: Types and Benefits
Air purifier is a device that removes contaminated air from indoor and brings in fresh air. Air purifiers have gained a lot of popularity over past few years. Nowadays there are many different types of air purifiers available in the market.
Some of different types of air purifiers are given below:
1. Ultraviolet air purifier: Ultraviolet air purifiers reduce toxic gas as well as remove volatile organic gases including harmful ones. In addition, it also kills germs and viruses present in air. It is also portable with easy maintenance especially with filters. Another benefit of this type of air purifier is that it is very quite and appears to be almost non-existence in terms of noise. Some UV air purifiers come with a filtering process that combines other types of air filters namely HEPA, ionization, and carbon. A motorized fan attached to this device is used to maintain a flow of air throughout the house.
2. Ionic air purifier: This type of purifier uses the effect of ionization to reduce contaminated particles and dust particles from air. Ionic air purifier ionizes contaminants as positively charged particles which are then attracted to a negatively charged plate to get rid of the pollutants or contaminants. For users with allergies, asthma problem use this type of air purifier. It also helps in getting rid of odors such as that of pets or cigarette smoking. Many ionic purifiers have adjustable power levels to allow user to adjust it according to room size. Generally, an ionic air purifier that weighs 10 pounds and has dimensions of 9 by 10.5 by 29 inches can cover an area of 500 square feet. Nowadays you can also find many ionic purifiers that don't include a filter.
3. Edenpure air purifiers: This type of purifier not only eliminates contaminants from air but from surfaces as well. Many air contaminants are due to surfaces such as carpets, furniture, floor etc which causes respiratory problems. It also comes with a fan as well as a pre-filter mesh which instead of replacement requires washing with water.
4. Room air purifiers: One of the most commonly used, this type of purifier, designed for small sized room, gets rid of odors such as pet's and smoking. This unit sucks in contaminated air, cleans it and sends filtered air back into the room. This unit is portable as well.
5. Ozone air purifiers: Strictly to be used in unoccupied rooms, this air purifier produces an oxidant ozone which get rid of many contaminants namely bacteria, germs, virus, formaldehyde, odors etc. Although an effective unit ozone has its own disadvantages and can be harmful to human body.
There are many benefits of using an air purifier:
1. It purifies air and removes contaminated particles making air healthier when you breathe-in.
2. It get rid of odors namely pet odor, cigarette smoking.
3. It comes in a variety of materials so you can easily find one that is within your budget.
4. Due to healthy and purified air you are ill less often.
For information regarding buying air purifiers you can visit our site at