Advantages Of Internet Dating (Part 2)
Internet dating is being used by millions of people all over the world. It is a phenomenon that has come to stay with us. It surely must have some merits and a drawing power that continues to attract many people to it, despite all the risks and dangers involved.
In continuation of my earlier written article, here are some other advantages of internet dating:
4. There's no question that everyone on the site is looking to meet someone. So, there's none of the awkwardness and uncertainty you have in some social situations, where a person's relationship status or even sexual orientation may not be obvious.
By reading people's profiles closely, you can quickly weed out people whose interests, age, values, religion or whatever else don't appeal to you. The same thing applies when posting your own profile.
By describing yourself honestly and being clear about your values and interests, it is more likely that someone compatible will write to you.
Before even approaching someone you can know his or her occupation, lifestyle, hobbies, interests, etc. This way it's not just a pretty face but also a broad view of the person. If you have certain political, religious or work related criterion for your potential mate, the internet provides you with the most choices.
5. Typically, a photo or even multiple photos will accompany a person's profile. The eyes truly are the windows of the soul, and being able to pair a face with the words in the profile definitely helps give you a clearer idea of the person you're writing to.
6. The initial anonymity of the internet empowers shy people to approach people and make moves that they never would in person.
7. You can meet people you wouldn't otherwise meet because your social and/or business circles don't intersect, or because you don't frequent the same places.
8. It's low cost or even free. For the price of 2 drinks at a bar you can select from thousands of singles in your area and then decide if you want to have drinks with them.
9. Specific dating needs are met. There are a wide range of internet dating services, pay sites, free sites, gay and straight sites, websites for people with disabilities as well as sites for people with STDs.