8 Natural Ways To Treat Acne At Home
Where skin disorders are concerned, it is best to stick as much as possible to natural cure options; Many people suffering from blemishes have always believed the best treatment is with conventional products and with doctors. While not to say there are no effective methods of conventional solutions using OTC products and doctor's prescriptions, an acne home cure is equally effective and sometimes even more successful than some of these manufactured antidotes. Although there is no one best home remedy for acne, there are a number of ways you can treat it effectively and safely.
1. Mash about half a cup of a papaya and use the pulp as a facial mask. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off. Papaya fruit is a great source of Vitamin A. This antioxidant vitamin hinders the overproduction of sebum which is a major cause of acne.
2. Lemon and mint juices have also proven to be very effective remedies for an outbreak. Lemon, when used, can help clear spots, brighten the skin and leave it lustrous. Mint juice as well is used to reduce blemish scars and to regain back your beautiful clear complexion.
3. The watery gel from Aloe Vera plant is also a highly effective natural cure against Acne. The enzyme-rich gel has very soothing anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It can also be taken internally and helps clean up and detox the digestive tract. This in turn can help clear up the skin.
4. If you must use makeup, be sure to use water based, noncomedogenic (they don't promote the forming of closed pores) makeup instead of oil-based. Read the label to see if the makeup is water- or oil-based.
5. Crush some garlic and gently daub on acne several times a day. Garlic juice can also be applied to the face. This may not be pleasant-smelling but a lot of people swear that garlic is one of the best acne home remedies that they have tried. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
6. Baking soda is another acne home cure remedy you should pay attention to. A simple mixture applied to your affected area will help to get rid of the blemish causing bacteria.
7. The most important thing to do if you suffer from Acne is to drink at least four pints of water every day. Drinking a lot of water is very beneficial to your skin. Including fresh fruit and leafy green vegetables in your daily diet will also bring about a marked improvement in the quality of your complexion.
8. Limit your sun exposure. Although the sun might clear up acne in the short term, in the long run it only irritates your skin. It is not uncommon for skin to break out as it heals from sun damage.