7 Natural Ways Of Acne Treatment
Inside your hair follicles, there are small glands producing oil called sebum. This oil mixes with skin cells in the follicle and joins them on the journey outward. But when there's too much sebum, too many dead skin cells or something on the surface that blocks their exit from the follicle, a blockage can occur. Bacteria joins the party, and the result is acne vulgaris, the most common form of acne. Because prevention is the best way to protect your skin from the scarring associated with severe acne, many dermatologists recommend that controlling problematic acne through diet, regular cleansing procedures, and herbal remedies, is the most effective way to combat the tendencies of skin that is prone to acne and acne-related scarring.
1. Avoid iodine-rich foods and supplements such as kelp, seafood, fish, mushrooms, garlic, onions, watercress and iodised salt, as these can trigger hormone-related acne.
2. Do not pick, press or rub your pimples. These actions actually increase the sebum production and rupture the membranes below your skin. The infection and sebum will spread underneath your skin and cause more pimples. Also, you risk increasing the chances of leaving scars on your face.
3. A daily practice of yoga is commonly recommended as a way to increase the flow of blood to the face. This helps to flush acne-causing toxins and to provide your facial skin with natural nutrients that help to decrease the formation of acne and to heal scar tissue.
4. Drink lots of water or water based things like juices, soups etc to flush out toxins. Acne needs to be handled with patience and strength. Do not get stressed otherwise you will accentuate the acne problem. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
5. Low stomach acid can exacerbate acne. Hydrochloric acid, along with vitamin B complex, can improve rosacea, as will supplementation with pancreatic digestive enzymes, especially fat-digesting lipases, which acne sufferers may be lacking.
6. Wash your face twice a day using a mild soap. It is even better if you can buy sulfur-based soap especially for acne. If your skin is too oily, use a soap with benzoyl peroxide. Do not use rough sponges, brushes, or anything similar on your face. You shouldn't, however, over-wash your face because it will actually stimulate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum which will increase your acne.
7. Another dietary recommendation for acne-sufferers is to consume many bland foods such as oatmeal, rice, brown grains, and applesauce. These foods should be eaten instead of spicy foods and fried foods, which are believed by some practitioners to stimulate the hormones and glands that aggravate acne conditions.