10 Ways to Make Your Cell Phone Battery Last Longer
With today's technology cell phones have become a part of everyday life. Whether used as a phone, calendar, watch, address book, camera, video camera, or even a computer, cell phones have allowed people to stay connected to all aspects of their life. No matter how your cell phone is used here are some simple tips on how to stay connected to your world longer.
1. Turn the vibrate function off. The vibrate function is great if your at a football game, or in the office, but for around the house or running errands the function isn't necessary and takes more battery power than the ring tone by itself.
2. Most cell phones come with a few different backlight settings. Set yours to the shortest time until the backlight turns off and/or turn it off completely during the day.
NOKIA BP-6M Cell Phone Battery
700mAh only Price: Â£6.99
3. Turn off your phone. Although this is pretty self explanatory when
you are not planning on using or answering your phone for a while turn it off rather then on silent or vibrate.
4. Some phones have a power save function like computer monitors where after a certain amount of time the phone goes idle. Have yours turned on at all times.
5. If your phone has blue tooth capability, make sure you have it disabled when it is not in use.
6. Limit the use of the camera, video camera, and internet as much as possible when you know it could be some time until your battery gets its next charge.
7. Keep calls short. This does seem pretty obvious but keeping calls short greatly increases your battery life.
8. Lower your ring tone. Apart from saving your hearing, lowering the volume on your ring tone helps your battery last longer.
9. Use non-animated screen savers. Animated screen savers use a great deal more energy than the regular non-animated.
10. Finally the # 1 cell phone battery killer, signal searching. If you are in an area where you receive little or no signal your phone will constantly search for signal consistently draining your battery. If you have poor reception turn off your phone until you have better signal.